Welcome to Queensland Street Scene
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Turbo timer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ktow

ktow

QSS L Plater

• 153 posts
Fitted a turbo timer to a new Mazda BT50 , all went sweet but the remote wont lock the doors while the motors runing , any ideas.
Posted Image
QUOTE FROM JESSE JAMES MONSTER GARAGE................................. PIC BY ICEMAN

VT-565

VT-565

QSS Opens

• 889 posts
  • Interests:Cars....Engines...Drag Racing.....Nitty Gritty Tech Stuff
Was it a straight plug in interceptor or did you have to wire it?
Hmmm.

I can smell.......stupidity.

ktow

ktow

QSS L Plater

• 153 posts
QUOTE(VT-440 @ Nov 27 2007, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was it a straight plug in interceptor or did you have to wire it?

No it was a wire in one.

Posted Image
QUOTE FROM JESSE JAMES MONSTER GARAGE................................. PIC BY ICEMAN

VT-565

VT-565

QSS Opens

• 889 posts
OK, so there is obviously power to the fuel shut off, but the body control module isn't.
Was the timer for that specific model? some may have a few functions disabled within, which is rendering your central locking useless.
Check that, then double check the wiring, it's a bit hard without a diagram tongue.gif
Hmmm.

FAT910

FAT910

got camber?

• 1,773 posts
there should be a little removable chip within the alarm module, what brand alarm is it? mongoose?

ktow

ktow

QSS L Plater

• 153 posts
QUOTE(VT-440 @ Nov 28 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so there is obviously power to the fuel shut off, but the body control module isn't.
Was the timer for that specific model? some may have a few functions disabled within, which is rendering your central locking useless.
Check that, then double check the wiring, it's a bit hard without a diagram tongue.gif

It was a SDE turbo timer (special design for trucks and four wheel drives laugh.gif ) very basic ,the box it came in dosent say where it was made . the customer is happy to lock the car with his keys when its on so all is sweet.

QUOTE(FAT910 @ Nov 28 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there should be a little removable chip within the alarm module, what brand alarm is it? mongoose?

Its a 2007 mazda factory system.
Posted Image

VT-565

VT-565

QSS Opens

• 889 posts
OK. I must admit, I have only dealt with bogaard and ARB brand timers, which are straight plug ins designed for that model.
Sounds like yours (or the one you fitted) is more of a universal unit, this may be the reason the extra locking function is being ignored...
But, it's all good anyway!
Hmmm.

starlet666

starlet666

QSS Veteran

• 2,198 posts
most turbo timers in new cars dont work at all cause of stupid encoded keys or the central locking dont work because of the motor still runnin 99 percent of new cars cant have it done

The Subaru Impreza is the Automotive equivalent of a decent prostitute.......They perform well, provide a good/thrilling ride but every f*ckers been there and done it already...
Posted ImagePosted Image
I don't like being told what to do, and when some aluminium cased box of gears and friction plates tells me that it's time to change up, I really get pissed off. I will decide when it's time to change gears and sometimes I'm right. So the old smarty-pants automatic transmission isn't my best friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users